Knowledge of Battery
LI-ON AND LIPO BATTERY PACK HANDLING PRECAUTIONS
PLEASE READ THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL BEFORE USING LITHIUM ION AND LITHIUM ION POLYMER BATTERIES (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS LI-ON AND LIPO) FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Important: For your safety and that of your customers observe all cautionary information provided in this manual. Save this manual for future reference.
The following information is intended to highlight potential safety hazards that can be associated with the misuse, misapplication or damage to Li-on and LiPo batteries.
Please carefully evaluate the information in this section when using Li-on and LiPo Batteries.
- Do not disassemble or modify the battery pack. Otherwise, emit smoke, burst and/or ignite and No After Sale Service of that battery pack.
- Do not over-discharge the battery when you using. Over-discharge will easily lead to a rapid decline in battery performance and reduce its life and easy make cells swelling.
- Do not connect the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals with a metal object such as wire. Do not transport or store the battery pack together with metal objects such as necklaces, hair pins, etc. Otherwise, short-circuiting will occur, over-current will flow, causing the battery pack to leak acid, overheat, emit smoke, burst and/or ignite, or the metal object such as wire, necklace or hair pin can generate heat.
- Do not discard the battery pack into fire or heat it. Otherwise, its insulation can melt down, its gas release vent or safety features will be damaged and/or its electrolyte can ignite, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition on it.
- Do not use or leave the battery pack near a heat source such as a fire or a heater (+80℃ or higher). If the resin separator should be damaged owing to overheating, internal short-circuiting may occur to the battery pack, possibly leading to acid leakage, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition of the battery pack.
- Do not immerse the battery pack in water or seawater and do not allow it to get wet. Possibly leading to acid leakage, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not recharge the battery pack near fire or in extremely hot weather. Otherwise, hot temperatures can affect the activity of internal chemicals, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- To recharge the battery pack, use the battery charger specifically designed for the purpose and observe the recharging conditions specified by Auline Innovation Co.,LTD.
- Do not pierce the battery pack with a nail or other sharp objects, strike it with a hammer, or step on it. Otherwise, the battery pack will become damaged and deformed, internal short-circuiting can occur, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not strike or throw the battery pack. The impact might cause leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not use an apparently damaged or deformed battery pack. Safe is first thing for all of us.
- Do not reverse the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals. Otherwise, during recharging, the battery pack will be reverse-charged, abnormal chemical reactions then may occur, or excessively high current can flow during discharging, leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not use the battery pack for a purpose other than those specified. Otherwise, its guaranteed performance will be lost and/or its service life will be shortened. Depending on the equipment in which the battery pack is used, excessively high current can flow through battery pack, possibly damaging it and leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- If the battery pack leaks and the electrolyte gets into the eyes, do not rub them. Instead, rinse the eyes with clean running water and immediately seek medical attention. Otherwise, eye injury may result.
- Do not use the battery pack in combination with primary battery packs (such as Li-Fe battery packs) or battery packs of different capacities or brands. Otherwise, the battery pack can be over discharged during use or overcharged during recharging, abnormal chemical reactions may occur, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- If recharging operation fails to complete even when a specified recharging time has elapsed, please stop further recharging in time.
- Do not put the battery pack into a microwave oven or pressurized container. Rapid heating or disrupted sealing can lead to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- If the battery pack leaks or gives off a bad odor, remove it from any exposed flame. Otherwise, the leaking electrolyte may catch fire and the battery pack may emit smoke, burst or ignite.
- If the battery pack gives off an odor, generates heat, becomes discolored or deformed, or in any way appears abnormal during use, recharging or storage, immediately remove it from the equipment or battery pack charger and stop using it.
- Do not use or subject the battery pack to intense sunlight or hot temperatures such as in a car in hot weather.
- Please noted all most all Li-on and LiPo battery full voltage is 4.2v (HV 4.3), Stander voltage is 3.7 (HV 3.8), Storage voltage is 3.85v (HV 3.85), Charging current set is 1C.
- If acid leaking from the battery pack comes into contact with your skin or clothing, immediately wash it away with running water. Otherwise, skin inflammation can occur.
- Store the battery pack in a location where children cannot reach it. Also, make sure kids does not take the battery pack out of the battery pack charger or equipment.
- Before, use study carefully the Operation Manual and Precautions. For further information contact the nearest Auline Innovation Co.,LTD distributor or representative. Keep the manual safe for future reference.
- For recharging procedures, refer to the Operation Manual of your battery pack charger.
- If you find rust, a bad odor, overheating and/or other irregularities when using the battery pack for the first time, return it to your supplier or vendor.
Do we need activate the battery before we use?
Yes, we would love recommend all customer activate the new battery.
The peak performance is reached after the first two cycles of charge and discharge with low current that activates the new battery.
Please noted The battery performs better when its temperature is at 30 degrees Celsius.
How to charging battery correctly?
What's LiPo battery?
Lithium polymer batteries (Li-polymer, also known as polymer lithium-ion batteries) have many advantages such as high specific energy, miniaturization, ultra-thinness, light weight and high safety. Based on these advantages, lithium polymer batteries can be made into batteries of any shape and capacity to meet the needs of various products; and it uses aluminum-plastic packaging, and internal problems can be immediately manifested through the outer packaging, even if there is a safety hazard, it will only swell instead explode.
In polymer batteries, the electrolyte plays the dual function of a separator and electrolyte: on the one hand, it separates the positive and negative materials like a diaphragm to prevent self-discharge and short circuit inside the battery.
On the other hand, it is in the positive and negative like the electrolyte. Conduct lithium ions between the poles. Polymer electrolyte not only has good electrical conductivity, but also has the characteristics of light weight, good elasticity, and easy film formation that are unique to polymer materials. It also conforms to the development trend of light weight, safety, efficiency and environmental protection of chemical power sources.
Why you need High Discharge Rate Battery?
If the ordinary battery is fast charged, it is easy to cause lithium stripping of the negative electrode, which leads to an accelerated deterioration of the battery performance. In severe cases, the internal short circuit leads a fire explosion of the battery may occur. Most consumer applications require only 1C of battery, you should choose high discharge battery that if you need higher discharge rates and faster charging times. With the development of various industries, the demand for higher discharge and faster-charging requirements for batteries is increasing constantly.
At present, high-rate batteries are widely used in aerial drones, agricultural plant protection drones, emergency start power supplies, model aircraft, power tools and etc.
What's High Discharge Battery?
The high discharge rate is representative of the charge and discharge capability of the lithium battery with respect to the ordinary rate.
The high-rate battery is divided into a discharge rate and a charge rate, and "C" is used to indicate the ratio of the charge and discharge current of the battery, that is the rate. For example, 2000mAh battery, 0.5C means 1000mA (1mA of the 2000mAh battery), and 1C means 2000mA.
Normal Li-on battery discharge rate is 1C, LiPo battery hihg discharge rate could be 85C, that means LiPo could do more power than normal Li-on battery at same using condition.
For example: 2000mah 1C Li-on battery VS 2000mah 85C LiPo battery, all full voltage 4.2v.
When discharging power of Li-on is 2A*3.7v=7.4wH, LiPo is 170A*3.7v=629wH
(Actual usage will vary slightly)
What's advance of LiPo battery?
High performance in power, discharge, and life cycles due to stacking process.
Ability to achieve 150C pulse, 85C highest discharge for continue, 120C burst discharge, and 5C fast charging available.
Provides better temperature stability and tolerance due to the allowance of higher discharge rate.
Ultra-thin characteristics, light weight, flexible size, flexible shapes, and ability to accommodate many applications.
With ultra-thin characteristics, small size, extremely light weight, High discharge rate lithium polymer can be made into a variety of shapes and capacities of shaped batteries, thickness can reach 0.45mm;
How does Li-ion work inside?
In the charging and discharging process,Li+ is embedded and de-embedded back and forth between the two electrodes: when charging the battery,Li+ is de-embedded from the positive electrode and embedded into the negative electrode through the electrolyte, which is in a lithium-rich state; The opposite is true when discharging.
What's feature of Li-on battery?
The nominal voltage of a single section is generally: 3.6V or 3.7V
Charging voltage is generally: 4.20V (lithium cobalt oxide is 4.2V-4.3V)
The minimum discharge termination voltage is generally: 2.75V, below this voltage can easily lead to a serious decline in battery capacity and even scrap.
18650 is a standard model, where 18 represents a diameter of 18mm, 65 represents a length of 65mm, and 0 represents a cylindrical battery (21 represents a diameter of 21mm, 70 represents a length of 70mm, and 0 represents a cylindrical battery).
1. Light weight and high energy density
18650/21700 lithium batteries use lithium ions and graphite as electrode materials and use non-aqueous electrolytes
2. Does not contain cadmium metal, non-toxic and pollution-free
There is no heavy metal such as cadmium in the 18650/21700 lithium battery. Even if the electrolyte leaks, it will not harm human health. At the same time, when it needs to be treated after its service life, it will not cause heavy metal pollution, which is conducive to protecting the environment.
3. Long service life
The theoretical cycle charge of 18650/21700 lithium battery can reach 1000 times, and the actual cycle charge is still as high as more than 500 times, which is more than twice that of ordinary batteries and has a long service life.
4. Short charging time
18650/21700 lithium batteries can generally be charged in two or three hours; there is no memory effect, so there is no need to empty the remaining power before charging.
5. High security
18650/21700 lithium battery adopts V-I flame retardant (exceeding UL standard) and closed multi-layer circuit protection, which can effectively prevent battery short circuit and high temperature spontaneous combustion, thereby avoiding the occurrence of combustion and explosion events.
What's different between LiPo and Li-on battery?
Li-on battery has much advantage than LiPo battery on Price, 1Cycle Working Life, Size and Weight. All Li-on was production by Winding Stack technology reduce products cost and improve production efficiency. High to 10000mah capacity per cell, its weight and size is only 1/2 of LiPo battery. Li-on battery was very widely used and good at support power to Mini tools/ Mini Electrical appliances.
LiPo battery has much advantage than Li-on battery on Discharge power. High to 120C discharge rate, it’s like one big Turbo engines to your Drones/Tools. Premise on the same capacity，LiPo Battery was at disadvantage，more bigger cubage and almost double weight than normal Li-on battery. LiPo Battery was good at Drones/Tools and others, Li-on battery was good at support power to Mini tools/ Mini Electrical appliances.