Li-on and LiPo Battery Pack Handling Precautions
Please read this instruction manual before using Lithium Ion and Lithium Ion Polymer batteries (Hereinafter referred to as Li-on and LiPo) for the first time.
Important: For your safety and that of your customers observe all cautionary information provided in this manual. Save this manual for future reference.
The following information is intended to highlight potential safety hazards that can be associated with the misuse, misapplication or damage to Li-on and LiPo batteries.
Please carefully evaluate the information in this section when using Li-on and LiPo Batteries.
- Do not disassemble or modify the battery pack. Otherwise, emit smoke, burst and/or ignite and No After Sale Service of that battery pack.
- Do not over-discharge the battery when you using. Over-discharge will easily lead to a rapid decline in battery performance and reduce its life and easy make cells swelling.
- Do not connect the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals with a metal object such as wire. Do not transport or store the battery pack together with metal objects such as necklaces, hair pins, etc. Otherwise, short-circuiting will occur, over-current will flow, causing the battery pack to leak acid, overheat, emit smoke, burst and/or ignite, or the metal object such as wire, necklace or hair pin can generate heat.
- Do not discard the battery pack into fire or heat it. Otherwise, its insulation can melt down, its gas release vent or safety features will be damaged and/or its electrolyte can ignite, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition on it.
- Do not use or leave the battery pack near a heat source such as a fire or a heater (+80℃ or higher). If the resin separator should be damaged owing to overheating, internal short-circuiting may occur to the battery pack, possibly leading to acid leakage, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition of the battery pack.
- Do not immerse the battery pack in water or seawater and do not allow it to get wet. Possibly leading to acid leakage, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not recharge the battery pack near fire or in extremely hot weather. Otherwise, hot temperatures can affect the activity of internal chemicals, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- To recharge the battery pack, use the battery charger specifically designed for the purpose and observe the recharging conditions specified by Auline Innovation Co.,LTD.
- Do not pierce the battery pack with a nail or other sharp objects, strike it with a hammer, or step on it. Otherwise, the battery pack will become damaged and deformed, internal short-circuiting can occur, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not strike or throw the battery pack. The impact might cause leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not use an apparently damaged or deformed battery pack. Safe is first thing for all of us.
- Do not reverse the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals. Otherwise, during recharging, the battery pack will be reverse-charged, abnormal chemical reactions then may occur, or excessively high current can flow during discharging, leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- Do not use the battery pack for a purpose other than those specified. Otherwise, its guaranteed performance will be lost and/or its service life will be shortened. Depending on the equipment in which the battery pack is used, excessively high current can flow through battery pack, possibly damaging it and leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- If the battery pack leaks and the electrolyte gets into the eyes, do not rub them. Instead, rinse the eyes with clean running water and immediately seek medical attention. Otherwise, eye injury may result.
- Do not use the battery pack in combination with primary battery packs (such as Li-Fe battery packs) or battery packs of different capacities or brands. Otherwise, the battery pack can be over discharged during use or overcharged during recharging, abnormal chemical reactions may occur, possibly leading to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- If recharging operation fails to complete even when a specified recharging time has elapsed, please stop further recharging in time.
- Do not put the battery pack into a microwave oven or pressurized container. Rapid heating or disrupted sealing can lead to acid leakage, overheating, smoke emission, bursting and/or ignition.
- If the battery pack leaks or gives off a bad odor, remove it from any exposed flame. Otherwise, the leaking electrolyte may catch fire and the battery pack may emit smoke, burst or ignite.
- If the battery pack gives off an odor, generates heat, becomes discolored or deformed, or in any way appears abnormal during use, recharging or storage, immediately remove it from the equipment or battery pack charger and stop using it.
- Do not use or subject the battery pack to intense sunlight or hot temperatures such as in a car in hot weather.
- Please noted all most all Li-on and LiPo battery full voltage is 4.2v (HV 4.3), Stander voltage is 3.7 (HV 3.8), Storage voltage is 3.85v (HV 3.85), Charging current set is 1C.
- If acid leaking from the battery pack comes into contact with your skin or clothing, immediately wash it away with running water. Otherwise, skin inflammation can occur.
- Store the battery pack in a location where children cannot reach it. Also, make sure kids does not take the battery pack out of the battery pack charger or equipment.
- Before, use study carefully the Operation Manual and Precautions. For further information contact the nearest Auline Innovation Co.,LTD distributor or representative. Keep the manual safe for future reference.
- For recharging procedures, refer to the Operation Manual of your battery pack charger.
- If you find rust, a bad odor, overheating and/or other irregularities when using the battery pack for the first time, return it to your supplier or vendor.